Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Miracle 2010!" (2-20-200-2000)

Let me tell you about an exciting thing that is going to happen in our mission. We are going to have a miracle! We are going to get 200 baptisms in 2010! Yes, that is a huge miracle for us, because in recent years, we have gotten about half that amount.

When our elders passed away, we tried to make sense of the situation. We have been comforted in knowing that the Lord called them home. We wondered what we had to learn and do from this experience.

The leaders of the church have told us of their vision to have the church double its membership in Europe in the next ten years. That will take a lot of work by both missionaries and members. But we know it can be done. President Lundberg set a goal of 200 baptisms this year. It is a lot, but it is not impossible to reach. With God, nothing is impossible.

These numbers are significant to us: 2---20---200---2000! We have two missionaries who are helping us from the other side. This year marks the 20th year of the church's dedication of the land of Romania for missionary work. We plan to get 200 baptisms. We will use the 2000 stripling warriors as our example: they never doubted, they were firm and undaunted, and they obeyed with exactness.
After praying recently about this miracle, I opened the Book of Mormon to Moroni 7. I love this chapter. "Have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men. "
"And Christ hath said, If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me. And he hath said, Repent all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me, and be baptized in my name and have faith in me, that ye may be saved."
It is our desire to move forward with faith, finding those people who are prepared and wanting the joy and blessings that come through the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We are as the army of Helaman. We have been taught in our youth. We will be the Lord's missionaries, and bring the world His truth.

3 comments:

Maren said...

This is great mom! I love reading and hearing about this miracle that will happen. We all have been praying for this miracle. I meant to tell you that last week when Luke was saying his prayers he prayed that "the Romania missionaries could get 1,000 baptisms this year!" He has great faith!

Sora Lundberg said...

Great, Luke! Keep those prayers coming!

Here And Happy! said...

This is great Laurie. I can almost hear you delivering these words from the pulpit. I love it when you speak, with your unwavering faith and energy. Your words strengthen me--I'm sure your lucky missionaries feel the same!