Sunday, July 10, 2011

We Are Home!

I had hoped to get May and June pictures on before we left for home. However, the last few weeks were so busy and we had to move out of the Mission Home the last two weeks before our departure so it could be painted for the new mission president and his wife. However, I hope that I can get May and June posted soon. I will also finish up the last half of the year 2010. I'm sorry that I got so behind.

We are home now. It has been wonderful to be reunited with your dear family. We've been to church once and seen our ward members and neighbors. I cried during the song last week, "America the Beautiful." I thought of the blessings that we have as a free nation, and of some of the hardships that the people in Moldova and Romania still experience because of their past. I really love those people and I pray for them every day.

We are speaking in church tomorrow. Joshua will be the youth speaker, and President Lundberg and I will speak. The missionaries will sing, "Called to Serve," in English, Romanian, and Russian. I'm very excited to see those missionaries that have returned home. An added bonus is that our daughter and her husband, Erika and Justin, flew in yesterday from Iowa and will bless their new baby daughter in sacrament meeting as well. People are welcome to come over to our home after church for visiting and lunch.

The mission is now under the direction of President and Sora Hill. They missed their flight coming to Bucharest so they didn't get in until 8:30 pm. By the time we got back from the airport, it was 9:30 pm. We tried to tell them as much as we could until 11:30 pm, then headed back to the hotel where we slept a few hours before heading to the airport. The Hills are wonderful people and I know they will love the mission as we did!

We missed flights right and left going home, so it took us two days to arrive. However, we had a wonderful reception by our family. Life is great. We are grateful for the opportunity we had to serve in the Romania Bucharest Mission. We love the countries of Romania and Moldova, the members, and of course, the missionaries. Our lives are forever changed.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you for your blog these past 3 years. If you learn Sora Hill has a blog could you please post it. Even though we left Romania in 2006, we still miss the great members and love to see and hear about what is happening in Romania.

Heather said...

I imagine you might be confused by the last post from Heather. We are visiting family and didn't realize I was not logged in. Rick and Eileen Bremner

Michelle said...

Thanks for keeping the blog going. It has been fun for us to check up on where all of our Timisoara missionaries ended up. Thanks for your diligent service to the missionaries and to the people of Romania. Now go enjoy those grandkids!
With love from the Price family,
Jim, Michelle and Erik

BigRedHammer said...

I served in Romania from '97-99 and I'm very thankful for your blog. It's been wonderful to see the mission grow and flourish. The first chapel opened my first Sunday home from the mission. Your experiences have been special to me.

Thank you.

Scott Guymon

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Just another request about a Romania blog - if you hear of another blog being done either for the mission or maybe someone's personal blog, please let us know. We miss not seeing what is happening in Romania. Rick and Eileen Bremner