Saturday, February 6, 2010

Memorial Service---February 4, 2010

Elder McKay Burrows and Elder Jace Davis are remembered! They always will be!
We held a beautiful memorial service on Thursday for our two beloved missionaries, Elder McKay Burrows and Elder Jace Davis. Both were called home by our loving Heavenly Father on January 30, 2010. Missionaries throughout the mission came to Bucharest for Thursday's services. Many tears were shed as we reflected on our memories of these two elders. We were grateful for the attendance and support of President Erich Kopischke, President of the European Area.
Memorial Service for
Elder Jace Edwards Davis and
Elder McKay Choy Burrows
Panduri Chapel
Bucharest, Romania
4 February 2010
Presiding: President Erich Kopischke
Conducting: President James S. Lundberg
Opening Hymn: "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" Hymn 270
Invocation: Elder Boynton
Speaker: Presdient Lundberg
Musical Number: "I Love the Lord" Vocalist: Elder Lyon
Accompanist: Sora Karina
Speaker : Sora Lundberg
Memories of Elder Davis: Elder Frew, Elder Martineau, Elder L. Jensen
Memories of Elder Burrows: Elder Garrett, Elder Shillabeer, Elder Moore
Speaker: President Kopischke
Closing Musical Number: "Consider the Lilies" Flute: Sora Jones
Accompanist: Sora Kimball
Benediction: Elder Suppes

2 comments:

Erika said...

Tears immediately sprang to my eyes as I saw the picture of those two missionaries. The service looks and sounds like it was very touching. I'm sure a lot of tears were shed as you all shared wonderful memories of these two amazing Elders.

Here And Happy! said...

This service had to be so tender. I'm sure it was healing to many.