Saturday, October 25, 2008

Alexandria October 12, 2008

We went to Alexandria for church today. It is about an hour drive from Bucharest. There was a brand new member that was baptized the previous day and confirmed today in fast and testimony meeting. President Lundberg and I both shared our testimonies, as did most the members of the branch. I then went into the youth meeting with Joshua and three other youth and taught a lesson. Elder Horgmo translated.


Alexandria branch congregation!


This is the building where church is held in Alexandria. It was a beautiful home. It was taken over by the communists during their reign. Government leaders lived here then. However, after the fall of communism, it was given back to the owner. The church rents the building now.



We enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Matei home. President Matei is the branch president, and his wife, Anca, is a dentist. Her office is set up in the living room of their home. It's a great situation.
The food was traditional Romanian and very good. It is always so fun to get to know the members! There are some wonderful people here!

3 comments:

darlene hymas said...

Dear Laurie, I just read all of your blog. Did you do this in one setting. I didn't think you were even doing it. Good girl. Love, Mome

Anonymous said...

Wow! Imagine my suprise when I saw so many different events posted on your blog! Looks like you guys are doing a great job over there!

Hooray, Hooray, and Hooray for Israel!

Ashley Moutsos said...

Sister Lundberg, WOW! I am so glad that we were able to see each other at President Hinckley's viewing. That seems just like yesterday, now as I look at your blog I realize how fast time is going. I am so proud of you and President Lundberg for serving. Thank you.