I received a call from one of our sister missionaries in Iasi that one of the BYU girls who was there for the semester working with orphans had a blood clot in her leg. She asked my advice and I suggested that she come to Bucharest to meet with the American doctor, Dr. Hansen. Also, Dr. Matt Brady, a young man who had served in Romania on his mission in 1996-98 was in town, interning with Dr. Hansen for two weeks. So, Katie Creer ended up coming to town with the program's facilitator, Robbie to get help. Katie and Robbie stayed with us a few days at the mission home and Dr. Brady and Dr. Hansen took care of Katie. However, Katie's condition worsened and she ended up in the hospital here in Romania while we worked on getting her elsewhere for more specialized treatment. She was in the hospital from Friday until Monday, at which time she was flown to Vienna where her mother had come to meet her. More tests were run on Katie in Vienna, and she was there a week. She is now back home in Las Vegas and working on her wedding plans while she continues to be treated and heals. It was fun to get to know both Katie and Robbie. Although things got a little scary for Katie, she always had a positive, happy attitude. She's a real trooper.
This particular weekend was also CONFERENCE WEEKEND. I was able to watch the General Relief Society session, a week late, on the computer at our home. We then went to one of our two church buildings in Bucharest on Saturday evening to watch the live morning session. The following day, President Lundberg and Joshua went to the church to catch Priesthood Session while I was at the hospital with Katie. We watched another session at home and are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Ensign with all the talks.
This conference was really wonderful. I've heard so many people say, "This conference was just for me." I am alway grateful for the spiritual boost and motivation that comes from listening to our leaders. I am grateful to have a living prophet on earth. It is such a manifestation of our Heavenly Father's love for His children.
SORA LUNDBERG GETS A PERM!
This is probably not the most noteworthy post on a blog, but I knew my daughters would be impressed with this! Having the problem hair that I do, my hair was always flat on top with the summer humidity. So, I kept wondering if I would be brave enough to have a perm--especially knowing that I might just end up with frizzy hair in the winter humidity. However, Sora Rees, works in the Mission Office and has 7 daughters and has given lots of perms. So, I braved it and all went well. I now have a little umph to my hair. Thank you, Sora!

2 comments:
You knew we'd love that mom! YOu always look beautiful!
Way to go mom! I'm sure you looked great before the perm, but know you are probably loving the umph you now have.
Post a Comment