Wednesday, November 12, 2008

To Market, To Market

I was able to accompany Sora McKnight and Sora Poulsen on a Preparation Day trip to the Red
Dragon. Red Dragon is a huge market place where you can get all sorts of good things and good prices. Some of the things sold there include ties, scarves, hats, socks, outer wear, make-up, toys, blankets, etc. The place is huge and after a while you feel like you have seen enough, but it is worth the trip. One of the things the missionaries like to go there for is peanut butter, which is a rare food to find here in Romania.


Joshua enjoys new mask from Red Dragon!



I knew this was a Kodak moment when I saw these three dogs sleeping in front of this building. It is very common to see stray dogs in Romania as well as what I like to call "building dogs." Many buildings have dogs that just belong to nobody, but sleep on the sidewalk in front of their building. The mission office has one that is always there, but this building had three!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt, yes you are right about how that was a Kodak moment with the three dogs in front of the building. Sweet! Looks like everything is going well for you guys. Keep the good work up!

Cristina Boey said...

I like their red tags in their ears!

Maren said...

I forgot about the dogs everywhere. I guess I better get my kids liking dogs- they scream whenever one comes near them- or else we'll have to stay inside when we come to visit.

Here And Happy! said...

Oooooh! Homesick for memories of Barlad! You know it was all I could do to keep from petting those dogs.