Friday, May 14, 2010

December 1 - Independence Day Parade

December 1 was a holiday as the country celebrates their independence. Joshua was out of school, and the big parade held in Bucharest was very close to the Mission Home. So, President Lundberg, Joshua, and I took a couple hours and wandered over to the far side of Hedastrau Park so we could watch the parade. Thousands of other people decided to do the same. Joshua had the best view as he sat on his dad's shoulders. I tried to get little peaks here and there to see whatevery I could see.

I loved watching the soldiers all lined up!

We watched the parade from the corner where the Arc de Triumf is located.

I know this doesn't look that exciting, but different cars were the major part of the parade.

The band was great!

It was VERY cold, but fun to be part of the celebration. We are very grateful that Romania does have its freedom and that the church has been allowed to send missionaries into the country.

3 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Thank you for keeping up your blog. We are home now from Iceland and since we were the only blog for Iceland we feel left out of all that is happening so we call the couples to keep in touch. With Romania you keep us feeling close to all the great people we got to know.

Maren said...

Way to brave the cold, Mom! I'm glad the parades here are in the summer when it's nice and warm!

Here And Happy! said...

I'm glad for you that you're recording these memories. Your head must be full by now, with so many interesting things going on in your lives.