Tuesday, May 18, 2010

WANTED----SENIOR MISSIONARIES!!!

Okay, here is a plea for senior missionaries. We love senior missionaries, we want senior missionaries, and we need senior missionaries. We have wonderful senior missionaries here in the mission, but not enough. It would be great to have a senior couple to serve in every branch in the mission. So----if you've been thinking about serving, go fill out an application! It's a wonderful way to spend your later years in life! The VanWagoners arrived in December! Boy can they dance. They are serving in Galati and have taught dance classes as one of their finding techniques. We're glad they are here!
(Side note: This shows just how small the world is. I told Elder VanWagoner that I could remember their name because my first grade teacher in American Fork, Utah, was named Mrs. VanWagoner. Well, that was his mother!")

Sora Dillon worked in the office and went home mid-December. She was such an asset to the work. We miss her a lot!


Elder and Sora Rees also worked in the office and also went home in December. We were sad to lose them as well. We hope all our senior returned missionaries are doing well!

5 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Our first mission was Romania and we loved it and wanted to come back but they sent us to Iceland for the second. Now we are home with responsibilities to take care of and hope to be able to go again before too long. A Senior Mission is wonderful and we grew so much closer to each other and so much closer to the Lord too. It is the best way to spend your senior years.

Sora Lundberg said...

That comment was GREAT! I hope other seniors will read it and get the desire to go. Where do you live?

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I hope so too as we also saw the great need and the great service the senior missionaries provided both in Romania and Iceland. I am sure many have fears about going but once they go they will forget all of them. We live in Austin, Minnesota

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

My wife is worried if we tell you our last name we will get a call and she can't turn down a call but with the health of her Mom she says we can't go again for awhile. Our granddaughter just walked in and said no you can't go. If I had your email I would give you our last name but I am trying to keep it somewhat off the internet as best as I can. If you look at the missionaries who served in Romania you will find us arriving July 2005 and leaving December 2006.

Elizabeth said...

I agree! Senior missionaries are great! I had a senior couple in all four of my areas. The Lord really works miracles through them. I love each couple I served with and have the greatest respect for them. Their testimonies touched some of the people that I could not reach. I love senior missionaries! WE NEED YOU IN THE FIELD!!