Thursday, November 19, 2009

Joshua's Simple Faith!

I shared this story with our family a few days after it happened. I was reminded of the experience when I posted the Brasov Zone Conference pictures below. I thought I would share it with you who check this blog. I love miracles!!!


September 2, 2009

Two days ago, Dad, Joshua and I were traveling to Brasov for interviews that evening and a zone conference the following day. Brasov is about 3 hours from Bucharest.
Joshua had been drawing in the back seat for quite some time when he said, “I feel sick. Could you pull over, Dad.”
Right then there was a good spot in the windy, mountain road where we could stop. Joshua and I got out of the car where he was able to get some fresh air. In a couple minutes, Joshua felt better and we got back in the car. Dad was on the phone with a missionary, and we sat for a few minutes until the phone call was completed.
When Dad went to start the car, the engine would not start. He tried the key 2-3 times, with no luck.
Joshua said, “We need to pray. I read a story just like this in the Friend one time. I know it will work. Let’s pray.”
We bowed our heads and closed our eyes, then Joshua offered the prayer. “Dear Heavenly Father,” he said.
Joshua paused and a beautiful spirit filled our car. He then continued. “We are on our way to Brasov to do your work, and the car won’t work. Please help the battery to work until we can get to a gas station and get it charged. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.”
Dad adjusted the mirror, put the car into gear, and turned the key. With no hesitation, the car started and we headed on our way.
Dad and I were touched by Joshua’s simple faith. A few minutes later, Joshua said, “We need to have our thank you prayer.” He then said, “Dear Heavenly Father, It’s us again. We just want to say thank you for helping us out. “And then he closed.
Joshua said, “People should never doubt what Heavenly Father can do.” This is a good reminder for us all.

3 comments:

Maren said...

Yes, Joshua does have great faith. I know where he learned to have such faith, from you mom. I've been a recipient many times of your great faith. Thanks for sharing the story again!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Aren't our children wonderful! They teach us so much. I wonder how many of us remember to say thank you.

Beatriz Z Campbell said...

Love to reading!!
Joshua !! You are are a wonderful BOY.
I love your mom and dad, they are great Pte Mission and they teach you so well, I know the Lord love to everybody.
Your faith is wonderful,like the brother of Jared.
Sister: Beatriz Campbell