Sunday, February 22, 2009

He's Back!!!

On Tuesday, February 17, Elder Manzione returned to us from his surgery in Germany. It was SOOOO wonderful to see him again. He is now serving this transfer as an office elder with Elder Thompson. He is not to be in heavily populated crowds for a month, while his face continues to heal. We have to keep him from getting sinuitis! He has a tube from his forehead that goes down into his nose that he will have for a couple months. I told him that now he won't have to worry about people always staring at his missionary badge---he has another good conversation piece!


We had a testimony meeting the night Elder Manzione returned because it was Elder Pattersen's last night in the mission field. It was very touching when Elder Manzione bore a beautiful testimony about his experience. He said that he only remembered the car coming at him, and then finding himself on the ground. He then said, "When I was able to move my legs and arms, I knew that I would be able to complete my mission." Elder Manzione is so happy to be back and we are thrilled to have him. He is a daily reminder that the Lord answers our prayers!

1 comment:

Erika said...

We're glad he's back safe and sound. His head doesn't look bad either...you would expect worse in his situation. Wish him luck in his continued recovery.