On the evening of October 20, I was in the kitchen making dinner. Joshua had run to the neighbor's house to play with George for a few minutes until dinner was ready. President Lundberg had just walked in from an afternoon at the Mission Office and after greeting me, had gone upstairs to his office in our home. The doorbell rang, and I went to answer it. When I opened it, to my surprise, there were two carseats on my front porch with two ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE babies in the carseats. That's all. There was nobody else around. I took one look at those beautiful babies and knew instantly who they were. I had only seen those babies before on Skype, and while they didn't know me, I knew and LOVED them!!! You see, Brynlee and Parley are two of our five grandchildren that have been born while we have been on the mission! Two of our daughters, Maren and Erika, then popped out from their hiding spots and we hugged, squealed, laughed and then spent the next week getting acquainted with these new little family members! Joshua was going to be out of school the following week for fall break, so it was a great time to reunite!
The cute t-shirts said, "Hello, My Name is Brynlee/Parley. Glad to meet you Grandpa and Grandma."
A little bit of Heaven!
This is Grandpa. He gives out jelly beans when you are a little older!
We took Maren, Erika, and the babies on the subway to experience a little bit of life in Bucharest!
Jet-lag catches up with mother and daughter!
It's fun to have these babies and their moms around!
Family Night at the park near our home. We rented the bicycle cart and went for a ride. Parks in Bucharest are WONDERFUL--big, beautiful, and a lot of fun.
We had a pre-Halloween party so we could see the kids in their costumes.
Isn't she beautiful!

Isn't he handsome?
I put on my native Romanian outfit for our Halloween celebration.
Maren and Erika brought all sorts of fun for Joshua. We made sugar cookies that we could frost and decorate with corn candies, chocolate chips, and little pumpkins. I love those Halloween corn candies, and they don't have them in Romania!
One of Joshua's finished products!
Maren brought these styrofoam noodles that you dampen and then use to build and create. They were lots of fun.
Elder McBride had his going away dinner with the Lundberg gang! I think he was glad to have a "group" since he was the only missionary going home that transfer. We had to get a picture of Parley with all the missionaries. Parley has a good, solid missionary name, and will be a great missionary himself someday!
Thanks for coming girls! It was a wonderful surprise. We love you!

3 comments:
Best trip ever. It was SO great being there. We wish we could come over all the time. Parley loved meeting Grandpa and Grandma, and Uncle Josh.
I told Erika as we were walking up to your front door that first day "THIS IS SOOOOO WORTH IT!!!" All the planning, arranging kids schedules, packing, making meals for the family, having Kamron take days off work, the long flight, etc. was worth every ounce of effort, just to see you, dad and Josh for a few days. We had a great time. Thanks mom and dad for all you did for us, especially those last 24 hours.
I guess I should also thank everyone who kept the surprise a secret. I wasn't sure we could pull it off, but luckily it worked. Thanks again!
You really do very good JOB.
Wonderful!!.
Thank you again.
Sister Beatriz Campbell
Post a Comment