Friday, January 22, 2010

Zone Conference in Cluj! October 10, 2009

We had a great couple days in Cluj. I had the opportunity of accompanying missionaries to a lesson, attending zone conference, and then attending the branch on Sunday where the brancy presidency was changed. It's fun for me to get to know the areas where the missionaries serve as well as the members in the various branches. And, as always, it's great to meet with the missionaries!

Elder Zemp, Elder Gulden, Elder E. Smith, Elder Ellsworth, Elder Thompson--a fine looking bunch!

Uh-humm! What happened to these two blondies? I hardly recognized them.


I love this picture. I went to this lesson with Elder Despain and Elder Gulden. We sat outside this lady's home. It is such a great Romanian picture. I love how it shows the laundry, the drink and snacks the people always offer, the bucket that had garden vegetables in it, and the sweet lady. It's very endearing! The elders did a fine job of teaching!


Breakfast at the hotel for those who had to travel into Cluj.
Elder Shillabeer, Elder Sandberg, Eler Herrick, Elder Manzione.


More hungry missionaries!
Elder Boehme, Sora Benson, Sora Slaeman, Elder Wyckoff



Onward Christian Soldiers! Arriving at zone conference!
Elder Vogelsberg and Elder Wyckoff carrying bags, while Elder Herrick comes up the side.


Sora Holden and Sora Howard are excited for zone conference!



Elder Ellsworth (feeling happy but not showing it so much), along with Sora Slaeman, Sora Benson, and Sora Karina!


Elder Sandberg (happy as well) and Elder Manzione (who must be deep in tought about his upcoming presentation!) I must remember to say "Smile!"


The Sora's like to visit over lunch!
Sora Karina, Sora Howard, Sora Holden, Sora Kimball, Sora Slaeman


Sora Benson and Sora Staley enjoying pizza!


Elder C. Andersen also enjoying pizza, while E. L. Smith visits and Elder Morgan looks on.


MTC Group reunites!
Elder Betteridge, Elder Gulden, Elder Marks, Elder Toronto, Elder Shillabeer, Sora Holden.
Elder Boehme in front.


Elder Thompson cleaning up at the end of the day!


President Lundberg and Sora Karina say good-bye till next time!

2 comments:

Maren said...

I love the picture of the missionaries walking down the street. It must be so exciting to see all of them together. What an experience!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Zone Conferences are always such special times. We have and Elder Ellsworth in Selfoss now. We also had an Elder Despain in Romania when we were there. Good to see Sister Kimball again. Thanks for all the great pictures.