Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Final September Pictures!!!

For those of you who look at this blog, I am sorry that I have taken so long to add new pictures. We made a DVD for the missionaries Christmas present of many of the 2009 photos, and I spent a lot of time in November and the first part of December working on that. Then we had transfers, the holidays, etc., and I think I was "photo worn out" if there is such a thing. I felt like I had looked at all these pictures a hundred times! However, I realize that parents haven't seen them, and are anxious to see their missionaries. So, I am back at it with two "blog goals" in mind.


First, I need to take pictures that have a little more variety. Most are of people standing in our living room, at the kitchen bar or table, or at zone conferences. While those are the places that I see the missionaries the most, I will work on my creativity and try to get some different shots.

Second, I plan to keep up on this blog. Actually, if it is a goal, I need to word it differently. I WILL keep up on this blog. So, I will spend the next couple weeks getting pictures posted. Following are the final September pictures. I will do the same for November and December. Then, I will start taking pictures again and work on putting them on weekly. Thanks for your patience!
September Zone Conference held in Bucharest!

Elder Barclay, Elder Holmes, Elder Sorensen, and Elder Nelson--at the kitchen table!


Elder deGuzman, Sora Smith, Sora Jones, and Elder Anderson



Smiling missionaries with one in deep thought!


More happy missionaries!
Elder Zemp, Sora Smith, Sora Jones, Elder Sandberg, Elder Manzione, Elder Sorensen


What a group!


Elder Zavala, , Elder Lyon and Elder Garrett give Joshua tips on his artwork!


Sora Gogu, left, with other Moldovan members. Sora Gogu had just received her mission call to the best mission in the world---The Romania Bucharest Mission!


Moldovan members!


Elder Garrett visits with two of the brethren in Moldova.



President Lundberg, Elder Garrett, Elder Zavala and Joshua pose as the taxi approaches to take us to the airport to return to Bucharest.


Elder Bigu and Elder Harley---a fun duo!


Elder Grimmius, Elder Wirthlin, Elder Stromberg, Elder Davis, Elder Collier, and Elder Anderson after their six-week interviews!


Birthdays this transfer---Elder Barclay, Elder B. Johnson, Elder Allphin, Elder Collier, and Elder Stromberg.


Role playing at zone conference! The missionaries are becoming so great at contacting anybody, anywhere, any time!


President Lundberg and Elder Wirthlin discuss something important, I'm sure.


Sora Owen, Sora Dillon, and Sora Turner! Great people!



I think Elder Guest is getting ready to take a picture. His companion, Elder Allphin, is very excited about it!


Elder Rakozey has one of his typical expressions, while happy Sora Ostler has one of hers!


Elder Hale, Elder Ott, and Elder Bigu at zone conference.


Zone leaders, Elder Baily and Elder Barclay, along with assistants, Elder Collier and Elder Anderson, gave great presentations.


Sora Dillon poses in front of a tree that showed our beautiful fall colors!

7 comments:

Erika said...

Great goals, mom. Love the pictures. It is so nice to see your updates, and I always try to pick out a missionary or two that I know.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Thanks I have missed your postings. I don't know any of these great missionaries but I found it interesting you have an Elder Wirthlin as we had one when we were there.

Sora Lundberg said...

Are you still on your mission? How long do you have? Please send me your email address. Thanks?

Maren said...

I am like Erika, trying to see how many missionaries I know. There is one picture near the top with Elder Anderson surrounded by 3 missionaries that all look alike. Are 2 of them the ones you used to call each other?

Here And Happy! said...

I'm so impressed with your goals to blog. It's a monumental time task to keep up. The missionary parents must love it tho'. I know I love it and they're not my kids! I also look for the missionaries I know and hope to see their shining faces. Take care!

Sora Lundberg said...

Maren, In the top picture of this post, E. Bailey is on one side of Elder Anderson and E. Stromberg on the other. They are the two I thought looked alike. However, Elder Davis, Shauna Humphries cousin, is in front of E. Anderson in the big picture. I thought it was E. Bailey at first, but I have never thought they looked alike before.

Tammy said...

Sora Lundberg,
You are awsome! I love seeing all pictures you post. I love seeing missionaries in the mission home or at tables,(yes, I'd would like them with a fox or I would like them in a box, in the rain or on a train, yes, I would like them here or there, I would like them anywhere!! haha) it shows what they do (which, of course shows some details that our missionaries leave out.) Don't worry about being creative, I love the everyday pictures to give me a taste of what happens and where and with whom. It's perfect. Your little coments about the missionaries are fun too. It gives me a hint of the personalities. Thanks for all you do. You are amazing! You are in our prayers!
Tammy Ferrin