Joshua showed me the paper and he needed a speech and a jingle of sorts, telling why he would be the best choice. Late that night after Joshua was in bed, I thought up a great speech about his going on a BEAR HUNT. The bears had escaped from the Bucharest Zoo and the Principal had called Joshua to bring them in--since he was so great with Bears! There were phrases and words like "BEARel of Fun," "BEARable," "BEARly," etc. It ended with a short song about the BEAR Necessities with words changed about Joshua providing those. When Joshua got home Thursday evening, I said, "You only have a short time tonight to learn your speech and song for tomorrow morning." I started to read it to him, when he said, "Oh, by the way, I'm not running for Bear Team Captain, I'm running for Elephant Team Captain."
I couldn't believe it!!! So, I quickly changed the Bear Hunt to an Elephant Hunt, took out the clever BEAR words and replaced them with appropriate Elephant jokes that tied in to Joshua, and made a quick poster to tape his speech to the back. With no Wal-mart or such nearby, we taped a ruler to the back of his sign. I wished him good luck on his way out the door.

6 comments:
Felicitari Capitane Joshua!!!!!
How fun! Congratulations!
Congratulations Joshua!!
Yesssssssssss. The Lundbergs have still got it! Congrats Joshua.
Way to go Joshie! I love the Elephant team!!!
I told Kamron once shortly after we were married, that you were great at posters and skits for various elections. It looks like you still have the skills. Way to go mom and Joshua!!! May the Best Man Win!
Post a Comment