Monday, November 15, 2010

I AM BACK! MIRACLE UPDATE!

Well, the mission has been very busy, and sadly the blog has not made it to the top of the "to do" list until now. However, President Lundberg will be out of town this week for interviews and training of missionaries, so it "should" be a less busy week for me. (Whenever I think that, something happens and there is no extra time!) So, I will try to post LOTS of pictures with some details about the past year.

I did want to give a miracle update right now. We currently have 115 baptisms for the year, with not a lot of time left. However, we know that nothing is impossible. The missionaries suggested that we all fast each Sunday for the rest of the year, and that is what we are doing. One of the district presidents suggested that the members join us in a special fast, and that will happen this Sunday, November 21. It was announced in all the branches yesterday. Also, the district presidents decided that it would be good for somebody to speak each Sunday for the rest of the year on missionary work in sacrament meeting. We were thrilled about this.

So, for all of you who love missionary work, love the gospel, love the people of Romania, and want to help the Kingdom to grow here in this area of the world, feel free to add your faith and prayers with ours. We know there are many of Heavenly Father's children who are waiting for more in their lives. We pray that we will be worthy and able to find at least 85 more of them before the end of the year.

After praying about the miracle recently, I turned to the scriptures. I opened the Book of Mormon to the spot where my bookmark was. Reading in that very chapter, Mormon 9:15, it said, "And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles."

I love the Book of Mormon. I love how it speaks directly to me, giving me answers at the time I need them. We will move forward in faith.

3 comments:

Erika said...

SOOOO glad you are back!:) I've been awaiting your return. We plan to fast with you guys and continue to pray for the missionaries and the people. Keep us updated.

Eni Kiss :) said...

I had to work on Sunday, so I didn't know about the fast. I am so glad you wrote again, so I can join the special fast. Miracles will happen, I am sure of that1 I love you, and I love your faith. you inspire me :)

Maren said...

Great Posts, mom!!! I wondered what the number was up to this week, so we will get our chart up to date at 115. Our thoughts and prayers are continually with you and the miracle.