Friday, January 2, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas! December 2008

We found two small Christmas trees in the basement of the Mission Home and decided to decorate those for Christmas. I even decided that Joshua, and his little friend, George (age 5) who is our neighbor and is from England, could decorate the trees. I knew my family would be proud of me that I had finally learned to simplify---and I was fine with it!!!

However, a few days after the trees were decorated (with only a few bulbs, 2 colors), one of the assistant's came to our home and said, "The Mission Home needs a better Christmas tree than that." I told him that if a better tree was needed, that he would need to be in charge of replacing it. Well, a week later, the two assistants came walking in with a real tree. We found more ornaments in the basement that could be used on the tree.

However, we had so much going that the tree went a few days undecorated. When the missionaries from Moldova arrived early one morning for their interviews before the Christmas party and zone conference, I had them help get the tree decorated. We put Christmas music on and everyone had a great time.

Sidenote: Joshua made the comment, "Mom, don't you think Bing Crosby would make a good Mormon?" I guess anybody who sings Christmas carols with that much feeling would make a great Mormon!



First tree--goes on the table as a centerpiece!

George and Joshua decorate second tree---simple, but fine!

Elder Thompson, Sora Ertel, Sora Howard, and Elder Sandberg get started with decorating the third and final Christmas tree!!!


2 comments:

Erika said...

Way to simplify, Mom. It looks great!

Maren said...

How fun- you've got great missionaries there- they are very thoughtful.