Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Christmas Eve!

Christmas traditions are an importart of the holiday celebration. Having a child with us in the mission field helps us to remember that there are some things that need to stay constant. And one of those things is having a Christmas Nativity Program on Christmas Eve.

The missionaries serving in Bucharest were invited to come to the Mission Home on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day if they wanted. On Christmas Eve, we played games, ate food, and enjoyed a Christmas Nativity complete with appropriate Christmas carols. Sora Hansen brought the music and orchestrated the Nativity part of the evening. We all had a great time being together and thinking about that first Christmas so long ago.


Sheep, in standing position! Elder Thompson, Elder Roundy, Elder Stromberg

Wise men! Elder Miles, Elder McKinley, and Elder McBride! I guess Elder McBride was so wise he fell asleep!

Shepherds, sheep, Joseph, Mary, Star, Angels, and Wisemen!
A Christmas pageant never to be forgotten!



4 comments:

Maren said...

I'm glad to know those costumes got put to use in Romania. You should've told me you were taking them mom, and I would've given you a complete set. Sorry.

Linda said...

Sora Lundberg,
Thank you so much for making the time to do the blog!! It helps us feel closer to our missionary and the missionary work there in Romania. Your son Josh is such a handsome young man, and I'm sure he's having some great experiences there, too. Thanks for all you and President Lundberg do!!
Karen Davis

Maren said...

Sora Lundberg,
Thanks so much for the pictures of the sheep! We started our own tradition of a Christmas nativity, inspired by President Eyring's Christmas devotional message. Our sheep was our eight month old grandson, so it was awesome to hear that Elder Stromberg was also a sheep this year. I'm sure our shepherds had a harder time keeping track of "the one" though!

And you have a "Maren" in your family? There aren't that many of us out there. May the Lord continue to bless you and your family for all that you do for our dear missionaries and the people of Romania/Moldova.
Fondly,
Maren Stromberg

Cristina Boey said...

I know one of the missionaries that just got back home. He was a freshman and came to Morris Center every day two years ago before his mission. I was working there at the time. One day he came and told me he will go to Romania on his mission! Now he came back, and guess who were his mission presidents!