Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Christmas Service Projects!
We encouraged the missionaries to spend time throughout the holdiays doing service wherever possible. The missionaries came up with lots of wonderful ideas on how to make the holidays a little brighter for others. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of all those events. We are hoping to gather their videos and put them together to show at an upcoming zone conference. We do have one picture below that shows a wonderful project that was done in Cluj for an orphanage of 120 children, I believe.
Vali, a member of the church, and Elder and Sora Jessee, senior missionaires, headed up this project. There were toys, pajamas, goodies, and much more for all the children in the orphanage. Friends and family of the Jessees back home donated the wonderful presents and money to make Christmas so special at the orphanage.
Joshua and his dad went on the Metro and around Bucharest on Christmas Eve afternoon wishing people a Merry Christmas in Romanian and giving them a candy cane. There were lots of happy, surprised faces on people when this young American boy approached them with his holiday greeting. Ladies at the flower shop were happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love the picture of Josh and the street cleaner. I want to blow it up and have it in my house to help remind us to do more service. Way to go josh!
Post a Comment